Annual Chamber Scholarships
Due: Friday, February 24, 2023
Three one-thousand-dollar scholarships will be awarded by the Elburn Chamber of Commerce in the spring of 2023. The scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors who live in the Kaneland School District and plan to attend an accredited four-year college or university, community college or trade school. Seniors who do not attend Kaneland High School but are residents of the school district may also apply.
Please find important information regarding the scholarships listed below.
- Two $1,000 Scholarships are funded by the Elburn Chamber of Commerce 50/50 Christmas Stroll Raffle held each year on the first Saturday of December.
- One $1,000 scholarship, The Pat Hill Memorial Scholarship, established in honor of Kaneland area community member Pat Hill, is funded by David Broz, owner of Railside Citrus Insurance Agency.
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed, and recipients will be selected by the Elburn Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
- The criteria for the three scholarships awards are academic excellence, written communication skills, and active participation in extracurricular activities and community service.
- These scholarships are not renewable.
- Applicants must use their scholarship award by the fall semester of 2023, or the scholarship money will be forfeited.
- The scholarship will be sent directly to the university, college, or trade school listed on page 1 of the application and not directly to the recipient.
- Applications may be submitted in any one of the following ways:
- Turned in to the Kaneland High School Student Services Office
- Mailed to The Elburn Chamber of Commerce Office; 100 S Main Street, Ste. 1S Elburn, IL 60119
- Scan all pages of the application and essays and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 & 2021
Awards & Sponsors
Thank you for your Elburn Chamber of Commerce Scholarship application and essays last year. As you may recall, we suspended the program last year when things were so uncertain but we are thrilled to be awarding the 2020 $1000 Kaneland School District Scholarship and the new annual $500 Pat Hill Community Service Award to a 2020 Kaneland student. The Pat Hill scholarships were donated by Dave Broz from Railside Citrus Insurance Agency and Lucas Goucher of Obscurity Brewing and Craft Mead.
After thorough deliberation and some tough decision-making by our Scholarship Committee, the two recipients for 2020 are as follows:
Jacquelyne Zavala – $1000 Kaneland School District Scholarship 2020
Katelyn Schultz – $500 Pat Hill Community Service Award 2020
After thorough deliberation and some tough decision-making by our Scholarship Committee, the two recipients for 2021 are as follows:
Travis Johnson – $1000 Kaneland School District Scholarship 2021
Hannah Dzielawa – $500 Pat Hill Community Service Award 2021
Congratulations Jacquelyne, Katelyn, Travis, and Hannah!
Thank you to all of you, we are extremely proud of the quality and character we saw in all of the applications.
Wishing you all every success in your college career and beyond.