Annual Chamber Scholarships
Due: Friday, May 6th, 2022
These scholarships have been established by the Elburn Chamber of Commerce to be awarded to high school seniors who live in the Kaneland School District and plan to attend either a four-year school or a community college. We will award two $1,000 Scholarships as well as a $1000 Pat Hill Memorial Scholarship, sponsored by Railside Citrus Insurance Agency.
- All majors are welcome to apply.
- Seniors who do not attend Kaneland High School but are residents of the school district may also apply.
- This scholarship is not renewable.
- Applicants must use their scholarship award by the Fall Semester of 2022 or it will be forfeited.
- The scholarship will be sent directly to the school identified on page 2 of this application and not directly to the recipient.
- The criteria for this scholarship are academic excellence, extracurricular activities, written communication skills, and community service.
- The deadline for application is the end of the school day on Friday, May 6th, 2022.
Applications may be submitted to any one of the following:
1) Kaneland High School Student Services Office
2) Elburn Chamber of Commerce Office: Scan & Email – Send all pages of the application and essays to email@example.com
Thank you to Dave Broz and William Thomas for being on the Chamber Scholarship committee!
2020 & 2021
Awards & Sponsors
Thank you for your Elburn Chamber of Commerce Scholarship application and essays last year. As you may recall, we suspended the program last year when things were so uncertain but we are thrilled to be awarding the 2020 $1000 Kaneland School District Scholarship and the new annual $500 Pat Hill Community Service Award to a 2020 Kaneland student. The Pat Hill scholarships were donated by Dave Broz from Railside Citrus Insurance Agency and Lucas Goucher of Obscurity Brewing and Craft Mead.
Elburn Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Committee:
Chair, Dave Broz, Railside Citrus Insurance Agency
Josh Beard, American Bank & Trust
Bill Thomas, Ottosen DiNolfo Hasenbalg & Castaldo
After thorough deliberation and some tough decision-making by our Scholarship Committee, the two recipients for 2020 are as follows:
Jacquelyne Zavala – $1000 Kaneland School District Scholarship 2020
Katelyn Schultz – $500 Pat Hill Community Service Award 2020
After thorough deliberation and some tough decision-making by our Scholarship Committee, the two recipients for 2021 are as follows:
Travis Johnson – $1000 Kaneland School District Scholarship 2021
Hannah Dzielawa – $500 Pat Hill Community Service Award 2021
Congratulations Jacquelyne, Katelyn, Travis, and Hannah!
Thank you to all of you, we are extremely proud of the quality and character we saw in all of the applications.
Wishing you all every success in your college career and beyond.