Business Ribbon Cutting Guidelines
The Elburn Chamber of Commerce looks forward to celebrating your new business or momentous business milestone with a formal ribbon cutting celebration!
Ribbon cutting celebrations are an opportunity to showcase your business and its success and bring the village officials and community alongside you as well for congratulations and support moving forward. As Elburn has continued to see expansive growth over the last several years, the following outline has been created to demonstrate how we will work with you to create the perfect event.
What is a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony?
Traditionally, ribbon cutting ceremonies are performed for business openings but they can also be requested for big milestones including:
- Opening a new brand, location, or franchise
- A business anniversary
- Moving, expansions, or remodeling locations
- Reopening a business under new management
Membership in the Chamber of Commerce is not required to schedule and have a ribbon cutting ceremony, however, it is strongly encouraged due to the additional benefits and exposure being a member holds.
Scheduling a Ribbon Cutting
Ribbon cuttings will be hosted on Tuesday, Thursdays, or Fridays from 2:00pm to 4:30pm. Those hosted Thursdays & Fridays see the highest attendance from elected officials and the business community. The Chamber will schedule only one ribbon cutting per week to ensure the best turnout at each event.
Whenever possible, businesses are encouraged to schedule ribbon cuttings between three to six weeks ahead of their desired date. As all of our Board members are volunteer and businesspeople themselves in Elburn, ribbon cuttings are subject to availability, so the earlier they are scheduled the more likely you are to receive your desired date.
To schedule the ceremony, please fill out the form below and submit to assist us with planning and create an event of ease, fun, and exposure. The Chamber Administrator will follow-up with you upon receipt of this information.
Once the Ribbon Cutting is Scheduled…
The Chamber will:
- Invite the full membership of the Chamber
- Arrange for elected officials to be present. Please note that we cannot guarantee the attendance of the Village President or other officials, it is only a request.
- Contact the Chamber Board to encourage their attendance
- Place notices in the Chamber newsletter and facebook page, as well as the website
- Bring large ceremonial scissors and ribbon
- Take photos to post to the Chamber social media and website
- Invite Shaw Media for news media announcement and photo. Please note we cannot guarantee the availability or attendance of a Shaw Media staffer.
The Business Hosting will:
- Provide the Chamber with a logo and description of the business
- Provide the Chamber with names and titles of those who will speak from the business
- Invite staff, family, customers, board of directors, friends, etc to celebrate with you as desired
- Order any food, drink, or giveaways you desire for the celebration
What to Expect the Day of the Ribbon Cutting
- Chamber staff will arrive 15-20 minutes prior to the event to determine best location for setup and go over the agenda with you
- Please ask your attendees to arrive prior to the start time. It works well to have an open house surrounding the ribbon cutting time so folks are already there.
- The ribbon cutting ceremony will begin no later than 5 minutes after the scheduled time.
- Chamber Ribbon Cutting Plan
- Chamber Board Member speech.
- Assemble important people behind ribbon and two people on each end will hold the ribbon.
- Business owner(s) will hold scissors open for photos.
- Cut ribbon.